Saturday, September 26, 2026
My contact with 271DA0 Naoero Atoll
The 271DA/0 DXpedition to Naoero Atoll (IOTA OC-031), scheduled for the second half of September, targeted one of the rarest DXCC locations in the Pacific. The expedition was organized by the DA-RC (DX Adventure Radio Club) and included Darren (43DA001) and Giovanni (41DA981). On the morning of September 22, 2026, I spotted 271DA/0 activity on 27.610 MHz via the DX cluster. Propagation conditions were very poor; upon tuning to the expedition's frequency, I could detect only a faint signal. Although the chances of establishing contact seemed slim, I decided to monitor the frequency periodically. During a subsequent check of 27.610 MHz, I finally heard the signal from 271DA/0. After a brief call, Darren answered, and the QSO was successfully completed. This contact with 271DA/0 added a 188th DXCC entity to my collection. I am grateful to all the members of the Naoero Atoll DXpedition. Many thanks!
